Friday, October 9, 2009

Le Cordon Bleu - Orientation Day 6 Oct 2009




YAH! Very exciting!

We were treated to little pastries, pots of hot fresh coffee and 3 hours of motivational speeches, but came across a little threatening. 100% attendance is required! Don't take any food you don't cook home with you! and your uniform must be clean and neat, you will be sent out of the kitchen if this is not so! Yes Chef, Yes Chef, Yes Chef :)

I am the only blond in the whole intake of approximately 120 students this term! I am also one of the few that have English as their first language. There was one granny in the class, but I suspect she was there for moral support, leaving me as possibly the oldest women attending! Those 17 and 18yr olds probably think I'm a granny! lol ;)

The Customer Service Manager of Le Cordon Bleu kindly pointed out that if we had been working hard to attain the 5.5 English score to be accepted at Le Cordon Bleu, that we must not stop there and we must keep learning our English. Only problem was that I suspect that this speech was presented a bit too quickly for those it was aimed at! But I shall keep learning my english good! I wonder how much of a hindrance the language barrier will be.

Registration, class schedules and uniform rules were handed out. Class schedules range from starting at 7.30am to ending at 10pm, but I have been given a beautiful class schedule that starts at 9am and ends at 6pm.

Le Cordon Bleu shares the premises with Ryde TAFE, which should be easily accessible for me, hopefully taking less than 30 minutes one way, also conveniently close to Ryde shopping center (where I went and had a small shopping splurge after class).

Last week I picked up my Le Cordon Bleu tool Kit and uniform, a black canvass case filled with large Wusthof knifes, timers, peelers, zesters, etc, making it all very official. I've taken them out to play a few times and have almost sliced off a few pieces of my hands, with two bleeders already. I suggested to Ryan and I buy some waterproof plasters, but he suggested I just get better at using the knives. Fair! I might do that:)

Right: Registration in action

No comments:

Post a Comment