Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Weight watchers Day 2


Day 1 was a success :)  So onto day two and I excitedly have yet another great strawberry surprise install for you.  Today I wanted to get creative with breakfast.  I have a box of weight watcher cereal in the cupboard, but it's 1.5 points for 30g (which is nothing as it has heavy dried fruit in it), and its just really boring!  I'm hoping that it's stale and thats why it taste so bad, but sadly I don't think it is, so it might just be yuck!

So in a mission to find a breakfast that is filling, healthy, low in saturated fat and still delicious, I have mixed up 20g of some dried strawberries, 2 weet-bix and 1/2 punnet blueberries to give me an alternative cereal of sorts.


The dried strawberries are fantastic, they're slightly soft in the middle, sugary on the outside and extremely sweet, so when sliced in the cereal they give off a great sweet taste to each bite.   You can buy them in Woollies (aka Tesco or Pnp) in the same section as the other dried fruit.    

I used a splash of skim milk and a bit of cold water.  Without the milk, it's only 3 pts. :)  Only problem was that the cereal goes soft quickly if you break it up into pieces, but I didn't mind that so much because it didn't taste like cardboard!

Walking home last night from the pool, I realised that the new foot path under the bridge (across the grass) in just the right light looks like the 'yellow bricked road' ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment