Monday, September 28, 2009

What's in my Boot?



On my way to gym yesterday I noticed the start of 'council collection' week! YAH!
In Sydney, twice a month the council collects your unusually large rubbish from outside your house, that in other countries you would be forced to take to the tip yourself.
The advantage of this, of course, is that twice a month you might be able to find the best bargain ever on your street! :D
Yesterday, I came across an awesome old-man style brown leather rocking chair! How could i resist? I couldn't! But of course Ryan wouldn't have anything to do with this except buy me a gypsy suit to go along with my new habits!  
However, just having opened a new Ranger Guide unit in Northbridge, where we like to sit around and eat cake (along with other important things), we need to furnish our new hall! So, I reversed the car, got Mother Possum (aka Kate, the other Ranger Guide leader) on the phone (as I needed some convincing), got agreement that this was a.legal and b.indeed a good idea and then proceeded to pick up the one seater leather chair with my super-human strength (funny how this appears when you're potentially faced with the embarrassment of being caught) and stuffed it into the back of our x-trail hatchback! There was also a small TV, with remote and manual that I took too!
Anyway, being new at this blogging, sadly I did not take a photo of the boot, but I did manage to convince Ryan to help me take it to the guide hall instead of having the car parked down the road from the pile of rubbish with the rescued sofa stuffed in the back. Below is a great shot of the chair blending into the surrounds of the Ranger hall.

In fact this is not the first treasure we have found for Rangers (now it all comes out), about a month ago, I also found a fridge, in very good condition, sitting quietly on the side of the road. Poor thing looked so lonely I had to take it. In that instance, I actually had to call a Guide parent who kindly drove out after work, to help pick up the fridge and move it to the guide hall. It works great!
ps - we contributed too, that's our old Brabantia bin ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment