Sunday, September 27, 2009

Welcome and why...

Welcome! This is a blog of my experiences and I am giving it to anyone willing to take the time to read them. I hope this is fun, exciting and not a waste of time (yours and mine:)

About Me
To help describe me, here is my life's philosophies:

#1 You only get one life, so live it. Don't be boring, try things out and never live to regret anything you do. EASY!
#2 Eat good food. Quality vs quantity or eat quantity of quality. Don't eat meat from tins! Yes, that included chili con-carne and Spaghetti & meat balls. (long story).
#3 Be a nice person.
#4 People are surprisingly similar and want similar things....(more about this later)

Be bold
With the above in mind, I am uprooting my boring, stable, repetitive life! I'm leaving my corporate IT job and follow my passion of cooking. A recently completed season of Australian Masterchef 2009 inspired me to enrolled (and soon start) my first 3 months at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Sydney! My employer has kindly agreed to a 3 day working weeks, allowing me 3 days work, 3 days cooking school and 1 day rest, every week from 6 Oct to Christmas.

My new exciting life plan action is:
#1 Expand my vast (at least i think it is) cooking knowledge and learn to cook professionally! Learn to appreciate food even more than i do now! (and eat lots of yummies in the process) YAH, and YAH!!!
#2 Create a cooking school YAH YAH YAH!
#3 Leave predicable stable job behind to do something that is inspiring and fun. Something to make me excited to get out of bed each morning. YAH YAH YAH!!!!
#4 Keep loving, adoring husband loving and adoring
#5 Keep fit

My love for cooking, hubbie and my kitchen often results in Hubbie sitting and chatting in the kitchen while I prepare dinner. Our dinner parties more often than not end up inside the kitchen, it's a fun room, filled with possibilities, things brewing in jars and pots and bottles. Anyways, my point is that you should not be afraid of the kitchen, spend some more time in there, it's only a matter of getting in some practice in chopping, slicing and dicing and soon you will be a kitchen masterchef too.

why
My mother religiously keeps a daily dairy, cunningly it's in dutch and neither i or my sisters speak Dutch, so no lock was needed to keep us nosey kids out.   Often I think how wonderful it must be to be able to look back and see what great things have happened in your past.   That,  together with friends and family often asking for simple tasty recipes, I have decided to document my journey into the food world and hope that we all get to share something special along the way.

Lets get started
So moving on as swiftly as I started, today I am going to start with 2 recipes. One is a quick, healthy and tasty Tuna pasta. And the second, a decadent, divine triple chocolate brownie that is always a hit!

bye for now...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... so where's the triple choc brownie recipe huh? Keeping it all to yourself are we now...?

    No fair - cough up!

    ReplyDelete