Sunday, October 3, 2010

23 Sept - Macaroon Demo with Adriano Zumbo

Adriano Zumbo is currently one of the hottest patissiers in Sydney, particularly famous for his macaroons and V8 Cake (8 different layers of vanilla all rolled up into one cake) after his appearance on Masterchef season 2.  Ryde TAFE (where I am studying Pastry Baking) hosted a evening with Adriano demonstrating how to make his macaroons.  This event was sold out before I had even heard about it, but luckily Elke had an extra ticket and at the last minute invited me along.  Sadly, I was a bit flu-y, so can't remember that much, and my notes are a bit hap-hazzard, however, i do remember tasting 3 yummy macaroons,  finding out his Freeze Dry fruit supplier (which I need for my cakes), and finding out that Adriano has a tattoo of Willy Wonker on his upper arm.  So, a great evening out!  Thanks Elke, for the ticket.











No comments:

Post a Comment